Thursday, August 31, 2017

Gorillaz Rhinestone Eyes Fan Video Completed!

After 6 years of work, here is the finished Rhinestone Eyes video animated entirely by me.

Apologies for taking as long as it did, but this project was completed in my spare time, and that is not something I have had a lot of over these past few years. Gorillaz has been a huge inspiration to me since I started animating back in high school more years ago than I care to admit, and I am so happy to be able to realize the brilliant storyboard video in this way for all the other fans out there to appreciate.




Thanks to everyone who has followed the journey along with me, both here on this blog and on my Youtube channel - your support has been invaluable.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you! That was entirely worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched your video earlier, and was amazed that one fan made such an amazing video. I was blown away. very well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I made it for other fans like yourself, so I am very pleased to see so many fellow fans saying the enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. Great work!May I ask which software you've combined to finish it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah sure, it was done using Flash for the 2D animation, Maya for all the CG (except for realFlow for the splash simulations), a bunch of stock FX mostly from the action essentials stock pack from Videocopilot.net, background matte paintings done in photoshop and all combined with after effects. Hope that helps!!

      Delete
  4. congratulations on finally finishing it man it sure was worth the wait
    small but important for me question are you planning on releasing the cyborg noodle model onto the public
    there isn't a lot of gorillaz models so this is a nice opportunity to fill that internet hole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for the kind comment. Unfortunately I can't release cyborg noodle to the public as she is based off of an existing rig which I modified and I don't have permission to share. So glad you enjoyed he vid though!

      Delete
  5. I saw your video ON STAGE, in Montevidéu !!!!!!! Awesome work, man!!!!
    I couldn't believe when I saw the band using it Live!!!!

    ReplyDelete